Nelson Golf Club, Lancashire
Address: Kings Causeway Brierfield Nelson, BB9 0EU
Tel No: 01282 611 834
Nelson Golf Club was founded in 1902 at Kibble Bank ( 9 holes). The Club then moved to Marsden Heights in 1917 with the official opening of the clubhouse early in 1921. The club is situated on a plateau overlooking Nelson and Burnley and visitors are able to reward themselves with the finest series of panoramic views of landscape it is possible to imagine. The late Dr. MacKenzie who laid out the course managed a design which has been skilfully planned to avoid any wearisome climbing. The course is laid out in two loops of nine and the 1st and 10th holes are very conveniently situated by the clubhouse. A large practice ground is available. On a visit to Nelson Golf Club you will be assured of a warm Lancastrian welcome and be able to enjoy a challenging round of golf and then relax in the clubhouse and savour excellent catering.